Having a 2nd or 3rd baby or more? You might think I’m crazy, but I’m going to tell you why you should make a new baby registry for each new baby – even if it’s baby #6 and you don’t think you need anything!
Full Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. I use these to help keep my blog going. I appreciate when you use my links to purchase products (and I know you appreciate knowing it doesn’t cost you any extra!). Find my deal page to see great deals HERE!
Baby registries are definitely very exciting before your first baby! You get to go to the store and pick out all your favorite things that (hopefully) other people will then go and buy for you! You dream of putting your new little one in cute little sleepers, swaddle blankets, bassinets and strollers. It’s pretty close to magical.
After the first or second baby though, you have everything you need… and often there’s no reason for a full blown baby shower! Our church often still does a “Diaper Shower” and gives the mama-to-be a couple outfits and lots of diapers to help her get started! But… do you really need to make a registry if you’re not having a big shower?
The answer is YES!
Here are 3 easy reasons why!
- Free stuff for baby that you will actually use. Just by signing up for baby registries you will get new bottles, onesies, swaddles, lotions, baby wash, and more! I’ve listed my 4 favorites below.
- Coupons. All sorts of coupons for baby items, and often for things like meal delivery services & Starbucks! Plus, most registries offer a one-time completion coupon of 10-15% off anything on your registry. This includes diapers most of the time!
- It helps your friends know what you need, even if it’s not much. If you have any friends who are far away, a registry helps them know exactly what you need and also makes it easier to send the gift!
- Even if you just need diapers & wipes, you can register for your favorite brands so your friends know what your favorites are!
I am working on gathering pictures of my 4 favorite registries! I only have Target pictures up so far, but I’ll be getting the others up as the boxes arrive.
This pic is just a few of the things I got just from registering at Target!
There were also a diaper, several bottles, pacifiers, and a ton of coupons including a discount to the Target Starbucks – which we all know was my favorite part! Most registries also offer you a one time percent off coupon to purchase items off your registry that weren’t purchased by friends and family. This coupon is worth it if you need any big items, or even something small!
Amazon also offers a box full of fun stuff for baby! They say it’s a $34 value! They do make you work a little for it. To meet the requirements for your free box from Amazon you must:
– Complete the registry checklist, either by adding items from each category or by manually checking the boxes.
– Someone must purchase at least $10 in product from your registry. This is easy though. You can always register for diapers and wipes if you don’t need much else.
– Then, after those two requirements are done you must request your box. You’ll see that they charge you $34 in cart for your Welcome Box, but once you click through to checkout they drop it to $0!
Walmart also offers a lot of perks for filling out a registry with them, including a free Welcome Box, up to a $40 value, next-day delivery on $35+, an app, a virtual registry assistant, and professional furniture assembly. Also, lots of fun stuff in the welcome box! I hope to have pictures up of it soon!
Buy Buy Baby also has a lot going on with their registry! Not only do you get the typical Free Goody Bag, but you also can meet with a registry expert, use their interactive checklist, download their app, and use their 15% completion discount!
Which are your favorite Baby Registries?
Do you have a favorite I didn’t list? Have you made a registry for each new baby, or did you stop after your first one?
And if you appreciated this blog I would love if you would pin it on Pinterest! Thank you!