Full Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. I use these to help keep my blog up and going! I appreciate when you use my links to purchase products (and I know you appreciate knowing it doesn’t cost you any extra!), and I also appreciate you hanging out and reading my blog! Also, find my deal page to see great deals HERE!
I tried out the $4.99 Amazon Essence Mascara everyone is talking about. I have posted it on my Facebook Deal Page a few times because I have heard great things about it, so I figured I should try it out for myself. And I was really excited to try it as I usually spend quite a bit more on mascara. I’ll admit, while I only buy natural makeup and am really careful about what I put on my face, I haven’t been so cautious with mascara. (Although most recently I’ve used this Mascara which is supposed to be a little better for you, but I buy it during Black Friday sales). I usually only have 3 main requirements for mascara that I use. 4 if you count the fact that it needs to be affordable. My 4 requirements for mascara are that it needs to:
- Go on easily without splattering my face.
- Come off easily without special makeup cleaners.
- Stay on without smearing (and look good).
- Be affordable.
So, how did the $4.99 Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara match up to my expectations? Here’s my honest review!
- Go on easily without splattering my face. It definitely went on easily and I had no problems with it splattering. It looks thick without being a fiber mascara. I was very impressed and thought it looked like a much more expensive product!
- Come off easily without special makeup removers. This mascara met this expectation as well! I was able to use my regular face wash and it came off fairly easily. Sometimes I had to scrub a bit, but usually it was off quickly and without any extra work.
- Stay on without smearing (and look good): This is where I had some issues. Going on, this mascara looked GREAT! I loved it! However, I use essential oils + coconut oil on my face daily, which don’t 100% absorb. I love them, I’m not stopping using them (I’d also highly recommend them lol). This does make it easier for mascara to smear on my face, I get it. But I have successfully used a few other brands with minimal smear… and the Essence Mascara just didn’t quite meet my expectations. Some days were better than others, but it was pretty smeary most of the time on me. I’ve seen hundreds of recommendations for this mascara, and almost everyone loves it! Based on that I’d still say give it a shot if your face isn’t oily, but it may not work the best for oily faces.
- Be affordable. Definitely. $4.99 is a great price for mascara!
Sooo… my honest review wasn’t was I was expecting, but I want ya’ll to know that I try to only promote great products. For those it works for, I’m jealous! For me, I’m going to keep looking for the perfect mascara! So far, I’d recommend any mascara by Tarte, but make sure to follow my Fun2Find Deals Facebook page to find out when it’s on sale!